In 2015, Spaceworks had taken on its largest project to date, two thirds of an entire building in downtown Tacoma located at 1120 Pacific Avenue. The open architecture of this 1970’s-modernist office space provides an oddly complimentary setting for the arts in downtown Tacoma.
The 1120 Creative House encompasses the entire 2nd floor. It contains 12 affordable studios, and an 800 sq/ft open shared space for hosting events and activities. The space is operated by Spaceworks Tacoma.
Every Third Thursday, Spaceworks and the tenants of the 1120 Creative House host an event and participate in Tacoma Art Walk, offering art, music, performance for the community. We invite everyone to make it one of their Art Walk stops!
Follow the 1120 Creative House Facebook page for up to date event information.
1120 Creative House tenants:
- Studio 201: Isaac Martinez, graphic designer – Pointline
- Studio 202: Isaac Olsen and Gillian Nordlund, multimedia artists
- Studio 203: Knic Pfost – knownfor solutions
- Studio 204: Ken Jacobsen, Musician and Music Teacher
- Studio 205: Jenny Boehm – Lunabeeone Fine Art
- Studio 206: Bradley Castillo – FameTakers
- Studio 207: Haley Waddington, Painter. Erika Ray, Painter/Clothing Artist
- Studio 208: Kris Crews, Photographer/Videographer – Crews Creative
- Studio 209: Asia Tail, Painter
- Studio 210: Chelsea O’Sullivan, Muralist/Painter/Illustrator
- Studio 211: Delia Gable, Painter
- Studio 212: Ricky German, Dmitry Mikheyev, Chelsia Berry – Clothing Makers