Join us June 19th from 5-9pm as we celebrate the creative activation of the Tacoma Post Office Building in downtown Tacoma. Numerous celebrated artists will be exhibiting and performing, studios will be open, special screenings and installations will be on display, plus a happy hour in the beautiful new event space Post Hall with DJ Mr. Melanin* hosted by Artist Trust and Spaceworks.
Buzz has been steadily growing about the creative activity in the downtown Tacoma Post Office Building and this event is your chance to explore it first-hand, including the public introduction of the new Post Hall event space. The Tacoma Post Office Building partners with Spaceworks Tacoma to host artists and arts organizations throughout the building, activating this gorgeous historic landmark. This is sure to be a memorable night, setting a precedent for future Tacoma Post Office Building activities.
- Happy Hour with music by DJ Mr. Melanin*. Hosted by Artist Trust & Spaceworks, wine & cheese, $5 suggested donation (5-8p in Post Hall)
- Premiere of Post Hall event space
- Multi-Media Exhibition: Fake it until you make believe by Jeremy Gregory, Geoff Weeg & Kris Crews of Candy Teeth Creative
- Luzon Memorial Exhibition: A special exhibition memorializing the historic Luzon building that was recently and controversially demolished, curated by Jori Adkins
- Spaceworks Artscapes installations by Jennifer Chushcoff and Erin Dengerink throughout the main hallway display cases
- Open Artist Studios: Kristin Giordano, Abby Kok, Alana Tamminga, and more…
- Creative Enterprise Open Studio: PolyRev Adventure Supply Co. – A clothing, design, and print studio
- Film Screening: Kris Crews’ 10-minute film, “The Believables”, a documentary exploring the puppetry of Jeremy Gregory
- Performance by DASH (7:15-7:30pm in Post Hall)
- Performance by Fab-5 (8-8:15pm in Post Hall)
- Open House DASH Center for the Arts (5-7pm)
Spaceworks Tacoma would like to thank property owner A Street Associates and property manager Power Property Consultants for their generosity and partnership.
For more information contact
Heather Joy, Spaceworks Manager
You must be logged in to post a comment.