For the month of February 2015, The City of Tacoma Landmarks Preservation Commission has teamed up with Spaceworks Creative Enterprise participant Tim Norris of Tim + April and TMN Creative, to launch a social media photo contest to show our love for Tacoma’s unique historic character. The contest will begin on February 1st, with winners announced at the end of February.
Artist Tim Norris’ take on the invitation, “It’s a fun chance to show your love for Tacoma’s history – and to show that history isn’t just in the past, but still a part of shaping our lives in the present. It’s also a fun chance to think outside the box. We love Old City Hall and the Elks Building – they’re both definitely near the top of our list of favorite historic places in Tacoma – but don’t forget some of Tacoma’s smaller historic structures. Maybe your favorite Tacoma historic building is your home, or maybe it’s the church you got married in, or maybe it’s Bob’s Java Jive.”
- Print the Tacoma Heart Map on cardstock (Download the image and instructions here). Or find a free 5×5 card around the city.
- Take a picture holding the Heart Map in front of your favorite Tacoma historic building.
- Post it with #IHeartTacoma. Put the name of the building and address in the description/comments.
- Follow Tacoma Culture and TMNC’s Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter: Tacoma Historic Preservation Twitter: @Tacoma_Culture, TMN Creative Instagram: @tmnrrs, and Tacoma Culture Instagram: @Tacoma_Culture
- Watch for and like other #IHeartTacoma posts.
- The 3 photos with the most likes will receive prizes featuring Tacoma artwork.
Find the map and full contest instructions at tmncreative.net/ihearttacoma. If you don’t have access to a color printer, we hear you may be able to find free Tacoma heart map posters in select little free libraries around the North End or at Evolve Home on North 21st.
You must be logged in to post a comment.