March 19, 2015, 5-9pm
1120 Pacific Ave. (2nd Floor)
Event on Facebook
Buzz has steadily grown about the recent creative activity in the 1120 Pacific Avenue building. Artists, designers, and entrepreneurs have filled up 12 studios (listed below), activating the entire second floor. The open architecture of this 1970’s-modernist office space provides an unusually complimentary setting for the arts in downtown Tacoma. This grand opening is the first opportunity for the public to explore phase one of Spaceworks’ largest project to date.
Event will include:
- Open Studios from Asia Tail, IRIS Photo&Design (Megan Shea & Gil Lord), FameTakers, Kendra Design Photography (Kendra Roelle), Tacoma Tool Library, Fringeshift Studios (Shawn Foote, Jim Wellman & Jed Rietz), MarkArt5 (Mark Tracy), Nature City Photography (Timothy Carter), Pointline (Isaac Martinez), Etherealize Studio
(Devon Urquhart, Heather Cornelius and Aaron Hartzell), and Jenny Schlatter Ceramics.
- Art exhibits throughout the entire space by the 1120 Creative House artists.
- Spaceworks Artscapes installation Mythic Ephemera by Erika Rier activating 50 feet of windows with seven large, exquisitely detailed paper dolls, numerous floating illustrations, and hand painted designs directly on the glass.
- Music by DJ Sean The Shaman, John Purkey, Swampy Draws, and Patrick Galactic.
- Snacks, refreshments, and no-host bar.
This is an all ages event that is FREE and open to the public.
Spaceworks Tacoma would like to thank property owner DCL Management for their generosity and partnership.
Find the event on Facebook
For more information contact:
Spaceworks Marketing and Artscapes Coordinator