Are you an artist or creative in Tacoma? Are you looking for space, work, information to grow your business, cultural events or activities here in Tacoma? Spaceworks has gathered the top resources we suggest here.
Office of Arts & Cultural Vitality
The City of Tacoma’s Office of Arts & Cultural Vitality supports the cultural sector in Tacoma in a variety of ways including funding programs, public art, professional development, and special programming. The office has two branches: Arts and Tacoma Creates.
Tacoma Art Listserv
The best way to stay informed about Tacoma’s art scene! The TacomaArt listserv is a two-way email list where subscribers receive and can post information regarding upcoming events, calls to artists, grant opportunities, live/work space info, and jobs in the arts. The list reaches 1200+ artists, arts organizations, and art lovers.
Make It Tacoma
By doing business in Tacoma, you’re investing in a vibrant, international city with prime access to Pacific Rim markets, a bustling downtown, and affordable real estate.
provides grants and resources to artists of all disciplines in Washington state and offers a robust website full of calls for artists, resources, job listings and so much more. Their website is available 24/7 for you to visit, we encourage you to check it out!
Washington Lawyers for the Arts
connects artists and arts organizations with the legal community. They help make legal resources accessible to artists and arts organizations of all disciplines.
The Veterans Incubator for Better Entrepreneurship (VIBE)
provides an applied training environment that supports military veterans’ entrepreneurial aspirations and promotes their understanding of the modern startup lifecycle. Their videos of brown bag discussions provide useful information for veteran entrepreneurs. Local entrepreneurs could attend these free Brown Bag Series, which are Tacoma-based workshops on various topics hosted Wednesdays on UW Tacoma campus.
is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small businesses start, grow, and succeed nationwide. Their dedicated volunteers represent over 3,000 years of experience across 62 industries. SCORE provides resources, templates and tools to assist entrepreneurs in developing tools and plans they need to navigate their way to small business success. Workshops and appointments available at Bates Technical College.
Impact Washington is a non-profit organization that strengthens Washington manufacturers to make them more globally competitive. With our manufacturing experts and our network of industry resources, we provide the change that makes the difference between surviving and thriving. They provide training, consulting, and strategy building services.
Business Impact NW
Business Impact NW empowers a talented and diverse community of entrepreneurs; supporting the continuing growth of local small businesses through micro-enterprise. They offer coaching, training and lending.
Looking for space?
- Spaceworks Coworking
- The Spaceworks Coworking program provides affordable space for artists and entrepreneurs to launch, grow, and — perhaps most importantly — meet other makers.
- Tacoma Arts Community Center
- Rent a small community space space for business and non-profit meetings, events, workshops and more.
The Resource Center offers co-working space along with business development services for start-ups and small businesses. Their unique, collaborative space creates an environment where you’re inspired to exceed your personal and professional goals. You can develop your skills, grow your networks, and share your expertise with other members in person and through our member app daily.
- Union Club
- The Union Club is a coworking space contributing to Tacoma’s growing artistic and entrepreneurial communities. It combines an artist studio, event hall, and office coworking space, in a 15,000 square foot historic building in downtown Tacoma.
- Urban Grace Tacoma
- Urban Grace rents office space to organizations and individuals that fall within their facility’s mission of education/advocacy, the arts, social services, or worship. They also rent event spaces for weddings, performances, seminars, small concerts, and more.
- Commercial Brokers Association
- The Commercial Brokers Association (CBA) is a member-owned cooperative providing commercial real estate multiple listing services. CBA provides members with current commercial listing information and to help increase their productivity.
- LoopNet is the leading mobile and online real estate marketplace that connects tenants and investors to commercial real estate available for sale and lease.
- Local classifieds and forums – community moderated, and largely free.
Interested in local arts and cultural events?
Visit: Travel Tacoma website‘s list of attractions in the City of Destiny