The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a part-time development coordinator for their program Spaceworks Tacoma, located in downtown Tacoma. The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce is a strong advocate for improving Tacoma and Pierce County. In particular, the Chamber advocates for business interests with local, state and federal governments.
- Experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and accuracy are a must.
- Time management and prioritization skills with ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong leadership skills to manage volunteers and successfully run events.
- Comfortable interacting with donors and prospects, as well as maintain donor confidentiality.
- Skill in providing quality customer service.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of Spaceworks Tacoma and local arts & entrepreneurial organizations.
- Work with Spaceworks Manager to execute fundraising plan.
- Raise funds from a diverse array of sources, including government and foundation grants, corporate sponsorship, individual donors, and our annual fundraising event.
- Maintain and update donor files in donor database; work with the Spaceworks Manager to ensure data integrity of the donor database.
- Research, prepare, and write grants, proposals, applications and reports.
- Maintain and update development calendar for reporting and applying for funding.
- Track obligations and deliverables associated with grants.
- In cooperation with the Marketing Coordinator, assist with preparing newsletters and e-blasts; edit, maintain and manage online content; as well as special appeals and special projects as needed.
- Work with Spaceworks team to plan and implement our annual fundraising event.
- Identify opportunities for other donor cultivation events.
- Coordinate volunteers for fundraising events.
- Manage donation calls and field requests for information via phone and email.
The Spaceworks Development Coordinator is a part time position that will not exceed 24 hours per week. Compensation is $18-$20/hr, dependent on experience. This position also includes an ORCA pass and is 401(k) retirement program eligible. No additional benefits are included with this position.
Conditions of Work
Work is typically done Monday-Friday during office hours, with occasional early morning or evening commitments. Generally office or professional environment; may require travel within the county; may require occasional out-of-county travel.
Bachelor degree preferred or related experience in the arts, arts administration, or non-profit administration.
High-school diploma or GED required.
Driver’s License and auto insurance required.
This job posting is not an employment agreement of contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description without notice. The statements contained herein should not be considered all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
To apply send cover letter and resume to;
Lynnette Buffington – Membership Outreach Manager/HR
Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber
Attn: Lynnette Buffington
PO Box 1933
Tacoma, WA 98401
Review of applications will begin immediately. To receive priority consideration submit materials no later than January 31, 2016
Learn more about the Chamber by visiting www.tacomachamber.org