The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber is seeking a part-time Summer Communications Intern for their program Spaceworks Tacoma, located in downtown Tacoma. The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber is a strong advocate for improving Tacoma and Pierce County. Spaceworks Tacoma makes space, training, and technical assistance available to artists, creative entrepreneurs, organizations, and community groups who are transforming Tacoma into an economically stronger and more culturally vibrant city.
Think you are a good fit or know of someone who is? Please read on…
- Update communications and imagery on the Spaceworks website and social media outlets.
- Write enewsletter content, blog posts and Facebook posts.
- Update print publications.
- Distribute print publications around Tacoma.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with social media, especially Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience with building and/or updating websites and blogs, especially WordPress.
- Experience with email marketing software, especially MailChimp.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and accuracy are a must.
- Time management and prioritization skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of Spaceworks Tacoma and local arts & entrepreneurial organizations.
The Spaceworks Summer Communications Intern is a temporary, part time position that will not exceed 20 hours per week. Compensation is $11/hr. This position also includes an ORCA pass. Employee is eligible for paid time off per City of Tacoma Ordinance No. 28275 upon meeting the required term of service. No additional benefits are included with this position.
Term of service
The term of service for this position will begin no sooner than May 16, 2016 and end no later than September 30, 2016.
Conditions of Work
Work is typically done Monday-Friday during office hours, with occasional early morning or evening commitments. Generally, office or professional environment; may require travel within the county.
High-school diploma or GED required. Driver’s License and auto insurance required.
This job posting is not an employment agreement of contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description without notice. The statements contained herein should not be considered all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
To apply send cover letter and resume to:
Lynnette Buffington – VP, Investor Outreach and Operations
Review of applications will begin immediately. To receive priority consideration, submit materials no later than May 15, 2016