Submission Deadline: March 30, 2017
Artwork Installation: April 30, 2017 and ongoing
Duration: 1-3 months, depends on the venue
Artist Stipends: $100-$300 budget, depends on complexity and duration of installation
Next Call For Art rotation will be Aug, Sept, July.
Residents of the City of Bremerton, the Kitsap Peninsula as well as artists around Puget Sound have a great opportunity to exhibit their artwork, exercise display design, and infuse Bremerton with creative installations.
The new project, called Art Windows Bremerton, is about filling temporarily vacant storefront windows with an interesting and beautiful variety of art. Art in vacant windows is a fantastic idea, very successful in numerous towns and cities across America. The idea is similar to Storefronts in Seattle and, Spaceworks in Tacoma. It is about bringing a vibrancy to the downtown area, enabling 24/7 access to art, engaging and enlightening Bremerton community.
The project was spearheaded by Carla Grahn in collaboration with Marie Weichman. Both are artists as well as instructors. Carla teaches Creative Metalworking and Welding at Pratt Fine Arts in Seattle, and Marie is an Art Instructor at Olympic College, Bremerton, as well as serving on the Board of BIMA, PAC Chair. Between the two, they have over 50 years of experience making art, and supporting the arts in their community.
This project is supported by The City of Bremerton, Bremerton Arts Commission, West Sound Technical School and the Kitsap Credit Union.
Art Windows Bremerton will promote the installations specifically targeting first Friday art walk as well as through other avenues. No resume is required for submissions and no time restrictions on when the work was created. Good work is good work.
Collection Display & Collaborative Work
Art Windows Bremerton is also looking for community members with great collections to share, as well as creators with display experience, who would like to collaborate to display these collections.
This can be a great exposure and exhibition opportunity for students in grade school through college. They are looking for exciting, school art projects, you just need to submit your art.
How to Apply
Send/Submit Your Proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following in your application materials:
- Description of Artwork (2 paragraphs max please)
- Availability, dates
- Contact Information
Call For Art Submission Rules:
- All visual media are accepted.
- Works shall be existing or new works created for temporary installation.
- Content must be G-Rated and suitable for the general public
- Flexible, dynamic installations that utilize display windows to their fullest potential and engage with the general public both day and night are preferred.
- All materials and consumables required for installations are the responsibility of the artist.
- This includes hanging hardware, tools, and any other materials that are required to safely and completely install the artwork.
- Artists are responsible for producing and maintaining high-quality work for the duration of the installation, and will be asked to provide repair on request.