Have you always wanted to create an installation in the sought-after Woolworth Windows? Or perhaps harbored an idea for a new media installation that would activate a downtown storefront …nurtured a hankering to create a mammoth painting on the side of a building…maybe even considered constructing a site-specific installation in a vacant outdoor space? Or maybe, just maybe, you have a new body of work you’d like to install in the display cases of the Old Post Office on A Street, seen by hundreds of people each day…well now is the time to make your musings a reality and apply to the Spaceworks Tacoma Artscapes program!
The online application is easy…submit 5-10 images of your past work, a resume, and answer these 2 questions:
1. Outline your proposal concept for an Artscapes installation.
2. Describe what you are looking for in a space and what your specific needs will be.
All applicants will be selected based on the following criteria.
◦ Quality of work as exhibited in the work sample
◦ Feasibility and ability to execute proposal
◦ Ingenuity and strength of concept/proposal
◦ Appropriateness for the public realm
Accepted projects will start installation approximately September 1, 2013 and run for up to 4 months. A stipend of up to $500 is also available. But hurry…the deadline to apply is Monday June 10th at midnight! Contact Spaceworks Coordinator Heather Joy if you have any questions. Click here for full guidelines, application checklist and a link to the online application.
You must be logged in to post a comment.