Calling all artists interested in participating in the 12th Annual Tacoma Studio Tour during Art at Work: Tacoma Arts Month – November 2 & 3, 2013.
Deadline to apply: TODAY! Monday, July 22, 2013, midnight
Are you a professional artist that lives in Tacoma and/or has a working studio in Tacoma?
Do you want to open your studio to the public, demonstrate how you make your work, host a hands-on activity, and help raise the visibility of the arts in Tacoma? Apply to participate in our 12th annual Tacoma Studio Tour!
The Tacoma Arts Commission is seeking professional artists who are willing to open their studios to the public for the Tacoma Studio Tour, one of the features of Art at Work: Tacoma Arts Month this November. The emphasis of this tour is on raising visibility of the arts and providing artistic opportunities for the community to connect to the arts. While we encourage artists to have work for sale, the intention is not primarily as a studio sale. Studios will be open on Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3 from 11 am to 5 pm. Artists can choose to be open on Saturday, Sunday, or both days. The Tacoma Arts Commission will produce extensive electronic publicity materials including email newsletters, blog posts, and an interactive website and map. We will also produce a printed brochure for the Tacoma Studio Tour. The studio tours are free to both the artists and visitors.
A private entity is working on plans to provide a bus tour of studio locations. Studio Tour artists will have the opportunity to opt-in to being a stop along the bus tour route for a fee. More information about this optional service will be provided to all Studio Tour artists later this summer.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, July 22, 2013, midnight. Applicants will be juried in a competitive process by a sub-committee of the Tacoma Arts Commission and selected based on the quality of artwork and the overall diversity of the work presented, as well as geographic diversity of the studios.
- You must live within the City of Tacoma limits and/or your working studio must be located within the City of Tacoma limits
- You must provide a demonstration of your art form and/or provide a hands-on activity for attendees
- You must actively promote the Studio Tours to your own contacts
If you would like to be a guest at another studio, the above guidelines still apply. A studio is defined as a location where artwork is created on a consistent basis.
Questions? Contact Naomi Strom-Avila at 253.591.5191 or email@example.com
To apply, submit the following three items:
1. Online Studio Tour Application – Go to www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013TST and fill out the online application form.
Please submit the following two items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Studio Tour_Your Last Name” in the subject line.
2. 5 Work Samples – Digital images only. Original work and slides cannot be accepted. We will use the images in materials produced for Art at Work month. File Format: Submit only “High” quality JPEG files (do not use GIF, TIFF, or other formats.) Do not embed the images into PowerPoint or submit moving image or audio files. Image Size: Images must be at least 300 ppi resolution. Images smaller than 600 pixels per side are not recommended.
3. Resume (if you have not participated in the Studio Tour in the past 2 years)