TACOMA ARTS SYMPOSIUM
WHAT: Informational and educational sessions for artists and arts organizations
WHERE: University of Puget Sound campus
WHEN: November 19 & 20
REGISTRATION: Pre-registration is required as space is limited. Sign up for all general sessions online at http://11artssymposium.eventbrite.com. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
COST: $20 for unlimited sessions both days, $12 for unlimited sessions on either Saturday or Sunday, or $7 for one individual session. Financial assistance is available; please call Naomi at 253.591.5191.
Join us for the sixth annual Tacoma Arts Symposium, an event dedicated to providing local artists and arts organizations with nuts-and-bolts information in order to become and remain successful in the arts. This event includes exciting conversations, workshops and panels designed to get your creativity flowing and push your arts career to the next level. Saturday features a keynote address by Gigi Rosenberg, author of The Artist’s Guide to Grant Writing. Sessions include:
· Keynote Address: From the Elevator to the Auditorium: How to Present Your Art to the Public
· Marketing with Social Media
· The Art of Marketing: Tips and Tools for Getting the Word Out
· Fund Your Projects: Grant Writing for the Visual, Literary and Performing Artist
· Behind Closed Doors: the Funding Panel
· Beyond the Elevator Speech: Writing and Talking About Your Work
· Impact & Intent: Presenting and Perceiving Meaning in Works of Art
· Engaging with Youth in the Arts
· Non-Traditional Publishing: Experience from Writers Who’ve Done It
· Beyond the Line: Poetry in Response to Visual Art
· Starting a New Arts Group
· Public Art Perspectives
For a complete listing of sessions, dates and times, check out the Arts Symposium page at www.artatworktacoma.com.
Low-cost, confidential, legal and business consultation clinics
We are running two low-cost, one-on-one, confidential consultation clinics this year:
– Shunpike is offering an Arts Business Clinic on Saturday, November 19
– Washington Lawyers for the Arts is offering an Arts Legal Clinic on Sunday, November 20. Clinics are $20 for a 30-minute session. To register for the Arts Business Clinic, please call Naomi at 253.591.5191. To register for the Arts Legal Clinic, please call Washington Lawyers for the Arts at 206.328.7053.